Essential Items for Your Hospital Bag: A Comprehensive Guide for Delivery
A hospital bag for baby delivery is an essential item that expectant parents should prepare in advance to ensure a smooth and comfortable stay during the childbirth process. This well-packed bag contains all the necessary items for both the baby and the mother.
Even though most hospitals provide all the essentials for your labor and delivery, packing some useful stuff ahead of your due date is still worth it. Here are a few lists of things that you can pack in your hospital bag:
- Include your and your husband’s IDs
- Passport copies
- Marriage certificate (translated into English or Arabic)
- Delivery report (summary your doctor prepared for you)
- Birth plan (if you have one)
2. For Mommy
- Pyjamas, robes, or other comfortable attire designed for breastfeeding are essential clothing options for new mothers.
- Including a couple of maternity bras made from 100% cotton with wide straps is highly recommended.
- loose cotton panties
- Nipple pads that are disposable or reusable
- Remember to bring your phone, iPad, and laptop and pack the necessary chargers for each device.
- MP3 player
- Your usual skincare
- Lanolin-based nipple balm
- Mineral water spray
- Pair of socks
- Hair ties or hairband
- Nursing pillow
- An air travel pillow can be useful to sit on, especially if you have undergone an episiotomy.
- Don’t forget to pack your makeup for those next-day pictures!
- Earplugs or noise-reduction headphones
- A postpartum belt is highly useful, especially if you have undergone a C-section.
- Consider packing a nipple corrector or mini pump, especially if you have flat nipples.
3. For daddy
- Comfortable clothes
- Extra pair of socks and underwear
- Cell phone, iPad, and chargers
- Camera (optional)
- Snacks (optional)
4. For baby
- Few cotton onesies
- Few cotton hats
- Little blanket
An insight from Mamahood
It’s important to avoid overpacking. Rest assured that the hospital will provide maternity sanitary pads, disposable panties, baby diapers, toiletries, towels, and bed linen, so there’s no need to bring these items with you. For further guidance on what to include in your hospital bag, we recommend reaching out to Mamahood Health Advisors. They can provide you with specific recommendations tailored to your needs. We wish you a safe and smooth delivery!